Wednesday 1 August 2018

eLearning 101 – online course from Articulate

At the end of last year (Sept/ Oct 2017) I signed up for an online course delivered by Articulate – eLearning 101. This was a series of lessons delivered weekly. Although I didn’t quite manage to keep to the 10-week schedule I have finished it and so am somewhat belatedly writing up my reflections.

I have been using Articulate Storyline for a few years now to create our online tutorials. These are aimed at students and staff who use the Health Library I work in. They are intended to offer users an online learning experience to help them to find and use our resources as well as develop their information literacy skills.

I have used the Articulate forums extensively and really enjoy the learning opportunities available. They offer tutorials on how to use the product, whether via videos or simple step by step instructions. There is also a forum where you can post queries and they have a regular challenge where participants submit ideas to solve particular problems. It is a very welcoming environment and I have found it very useful in order to get ideas and solve problems.

I suppose given that Articulate are selling products to deliver online learning it is good to see that they can offer a good online learning environment.

The course consisted of a number of blog posts, with links to articles for further reading. It looked like a number of the articles were relatively old – a few years anyway – so you could say this is an example of pulling existing material together and re-purposing it for a new audience, (an idea to squirrel away).

I’ll try to complete a blog post for each weekly lesson. This is purely my reflection on what I picked up on from the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment